At HDA, we proudly support a working environment that is positive, healthy and engaging so that every member of our staff can achieve their professional goals. As the vital link between the nation’s pharmaceutical manufacturers and pharmacies, hospitals and other providers, our members deserve the highest quality services, and HDA’s working environment is structured to empower each employee to deliver on that promise.
Since 1876, HDA has advocated for our members by helping them navigate regulations and develop innovations to get critical medicines to patients wherever and whenever needed — safely and efficiently.
Benefits You Can Count On
We value our employees, and we offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, with medical and dental insurance that includes dependent coverage as well as a FSA plan; a 401(k) plan with a generous match system; paid time off; flexible work hours and a convenient Washington, D.C. location close to Metro Center. We have been named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for nine years.
HDA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
HDA has an established telework policy; while some staff work remotely, some on-site work is required.
Are you a dynamic team player with experience in state government affairs and the ability to inspire others? We are seeking a remote Director of State Government Affairs to advocate for member interests in assigned states. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to policy initiatives and make a positive impact on the healthcare distribution industry!
- Remote opportunity with flexible hours
- Generous compensation & benefits package
- Generous 401(k) employer match
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia
As the Director of State Government Affairs, you will oversee strategy development, direct lobbying, member relations, general advocacy, research, analysis, and the reporting of state legislative and regulatory activities in the assigned region. You will be responsible for public affairs coordination and liaison work with applicable stakeholder organizations. This position reports to the VP of State Government Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years of progressively responsible experience
- Extensive understanding of the state legislative and regulatory processes
- Experience with state government affairs in a multi-state lobbying role
If you believe you meet the requirements, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing samples highlighting legislative engagement to the following job link (or copy/paste link to a new window) https://recruitcrm.io/apply/16944676203570013318ect
Applicants in IL and WI are preferred; applicants from other locations will be considered. Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HDA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. HDA believes that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seeks to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. HDA encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
HDA requires prospective and/or new employees to comply with the association’s vaccination protocol.
This full-time, non-exempt, local staff position will advance the value of membership in HDA. You will administer the management of membership retention and renewal processes, general membership marketing, customer service and member/non-member contacts.
- Oversee the management of member database records and reports, including updates, membership status, contact information, code creation. Update and upload logos and organizational descriptions. Run monthly reports of duplicate email and anonymous users. Continually analyze, review and confirms accuracy of these records and reports.
- Act as project manager for the membership database updates and online directory by developing timelines and project checkpoints while working across several departments to meet internal and external needs.
- Answer all emails or phone calls resulting from member changes, conduct any necessary follow-up, and communicate internally to staff.
- Work with Information Technology to ensure system functionality and enhancements as necessary (i.e. category codes, group structures, etc.) to the CRM database (NetForum).
- College degree (BA or BS) required.
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience in managing a customer service center or associations or similar combination of education and experience. Career accomplishments must document sound business judgment, management skills and ability to interact with all levels of executives.
- Ability to work professionally with members and staff; ability to organize, prioritize and distribute work assignments.
- A motivated self-starter with excellent people skills as well as a flexible disposition with the desire to be a team player.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, email.
- Working knowledge of association database software packages, (NetForum a plus).
- Must be willing to travel (10%) throughout the year.
- This is a local hybrid position; individual must commit to at least two in-person office days in HDA’s Washington, D.C., headquarters.
First impressions matter in our hiring process, so please email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position and salary requirements, along with your resume, to HRQ1@hda.org.